Deutsch-Schützen

The first documented encounter with the area in 1289, when the area was first called “zu den Schuzen,” near the “Perwolff” which was first discovered in 1221, as well as the “Hotter von Schauka,” area, which is where Eisenberg is located in the present day. 

The region of Deutsch-Schützen  was originally  run by 1Cistercian monks, who first founded their monastery, in the 13th century, where they stayed until until the 18th century when it was destroyed.  Then in 1921 the local community took over and turned the area into the towns Edlitz, Eisenberg,höll and St.Kathrein, and helped to set up province of Burgenland.